Purchasing Negotiation Training Program
In an uncertain and changing global marketplace, what provides the real competitive advantage to your organization? What do you need now to not only achieve your short-term business goals but also a long-term competitive advantage? The supply market and the role of a professional buyer have changed as procurement is playing an increasingly important role in helping organizations to achieve their savings and profitability objectives. Professional buyers are now required to become strategic partners with their suppliers which calls for capabilities that go far beyond a typical and often adversarial skill set traditionally deployed to secure just the lowest price.
Fifty-five to seventy percent of a typical company’s sales revenue is usually invested in buying products, services or solutions. There is a great deal of real money at stake in how purchasing agreements are: Negotiated, Implemented, and Managed. The failure to recognize the role of negotiation in the buying process and the supplier management cycle can leave organizations exposed to the risk of:
- Overpaying suppliers for goods, services, and products,
- Jeopardising the achievement of cost containment and profit improvement targets,
- Losing a long-term competitive advantage in the marketplace
If you seek to capture maximum value from all your supplier negotiations, optimize the overall return on your investments and assets, and most importantly improve net income and the corporate competitiveness, then you should equip your purchasing team with best in class negotiation and supplier management strategies, techniques, and tools. What has proven to be the most effective and efficient method to achieve these objectives is the BNA Purchasing Negotiation Framework – a purchasing negotiation system that has been designed to meet the unique business needs of large and small purchasing organizations and their teams.
The Deal-Making Reality:
Only 13% of organisations confirm that they realise all of the anticipated value from supply contracts
70% of strategic alliances, partnerships and M&A deals fail to realise their intended contract value
75% of all outsourcing agreements are renegotiated before the end of the contract period
About the Purchasing Negotiation Training Program
The Purchasing Negotiation Training Program has been designed to enable you to master everything you need to know to radically shift the performance of your purchasing department. You and your team will learn the Purchasing Negotiation Strategies and Techniques required to build strong supplier relationships and to realize the hard dollar value (savings) your organization needs and expects.
The Purchasing Negotiation Training Program is designed to optimize your buying efforts, the level of expenditure and your cost reduction initiatives. Therefore it is aimed at professional buyers and vendor managers of varying experience level, internal stakeholders whose interests are at stake at any stage of the purchasing process, and all those who negotiate over resources both: internally and with suppliers.
If you are serious about reducing spend and improving your purchasing results this program is not a ‘should’, it is a ‘must’. If you want the fastest results in the shortest period of time, this program is for you. There is absolutely nothing to risk and everything to gain.
The Purchasing Negotiation Training Program answers one fundamental question: How do you get the advantage in the long term, while at the same time achieving your immediate business objectives? It is an immersive and comprehensive program that will provide you with both: world-class purchasing negotiation tools, and a blueprint to apply those tools to your maximum advantage.
The program derives from our best in class Strategic Negotiation Model, which has been instrumental for our Clients in obtaining exceptional negotiated results. The BNA Strategic Negotiation Model has been designed to:
- help organizations successfully negotiate value maximizing deals
- guide negotiators through various negotiation challenges present in high-stakes, multi-issue and complex negotiations
- help professionals (and their companies) close profitable deals and realize the anticipated contract value over time
- improve the value of sales and supplier negotiations and relationships, and
- assist organizations and individuals in building a unique negotiation capability with the focus on the entire lifecycle of interactions between service providers and their clients – from RFP, through negotiation, transition, implementation, service delivery to subsequent contract renegotiation
After participating in the Purchasing Negotiation Training Program your team will be able to:
- Engage effectively in strategic and tactical supplier negotiations
- Secure the best possible pricing while building strong working relationships with suppliers
- Perform supply market analysis to gain maximum advantage in supplier negotiations
- Negotiate effectively with single source suppliers
- Optimise the outcomes of your internal negotiations
- Plan and execute effective concession strategies
- Achieve Value For Money in all your supplier negotiations
With the BNA Purchasing Negotiation Framework you can boost the performance of your purchasing team, improve net income and build supplier relationships that deliver value.
High-performing organizations know that training alone is not enough to deliver sustainable behavior change and measurable improvements. The truth is that you can’t build a muscle in an hour, a day or even a weekend and progress is never linear. Only with total and continuous immersion, quality coaching and consistent spaced repetition can one optimize learning experience and achieve lasting results.
The Purchasing Negotiation Training Program is designed to empower participants with the focus, training, and accountability they need to achieve the consistent results you’d require of your sourcing teams.
The Program answers these 2 questions:
- How do you get the advantage long term?
- How do you turn learning experience and newly acquired skills into accelerated and sustainable results?
The exact program content and its structure are driven by your specific needs, objectives, and budget. We have deliveredPurchasing Negotiation Training Programs that included:
- Purchasing Negotiation Strategy & Process Definition
- A Series of 2-3-day Instructor-led Training Workshops
- Individual and Group Coaching
- Coach the Coach for Managers
- Negotiation Interventions – preparation for actual negotiations with critical suppliers
- E-learning and Virtual Learning
- Purchasing Negotiation Academy – access to an online, interactive platform + customized training modules delivered monthly
- Follow-up Instructor-led Training
All our programs are built upon the fundamental premise that drives all our client engagement – RESULTS
Contact us to receive a formal proposal and a detailed overview of the program structure and content.
At, BNA Ltd we deploy a highly personalized, customer-centric approach when building and implementing customized training programs. At the end of the day, it is about delivering anticipated improvements to your people and company. We praise ourselves for being collaborative and working closely with nominated stakeholders in order to bring about maximum value to our Clients.
To achieve this, we implement a simple, yet very effective 4-step process:
- STEP 1: ASSESS – we will work with you to identify and explore current challenges, opportunities, and negotiation performance
- STEP 2: CREATE – here we will adopt the BNA Strategic Negotiation Model (a process-based methodology) to design a customized solution, and define your company’s new way of negotiating, to ensure that we help you achieve your specific business needs and objectives in the short-, medium, and long-term.
- STEP 3: DELIVER – the new way of negotiating is embedded into existing processes and strategies (instructor-led training workshops, coaching, consulting) and we help you create a culture of learning and accountability
- STEP 4: SUSTAIN – we help you sustain your new competitive advantage through ongoing support (e.g. coaching and consulting), Sales Negotiation Academy (online, interactive platform) and customized virtual learning modules
Why Choose Us
Our Approach: Negotiation Preparation-Engagement-Review Cycle
The BNA Strategic Negotiation Model – a comprehensive and proven model designed to assist organizations in the establishment of an organization-wide negotiation capability
Process driven approach – BNA Negotiation Preparation & Engagement Toolkit
End-to-End Negotiation Skills Development Programs (as opposite to negotiation training)
Extensive Pre-event Profiling & Benchmarking – Individual & Organisational
Lagging Indicators & ROI – Sustainable Performance & Financial Improvements
What Clients Say
It was the best negotiation training I have ever attended.
I have just completed Michael’s negotiation course. Michael made the course very interactive and used a variety of different approaches in his teaching. He is clearly very knowledgeable with regard to negotiation. I used to run internal training courses for several years after receiving extensive training to do so. As a result, I am tough to impress. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the session and gained a lot of valuable learning.
I attended a sales negotiation course run by Michael and he really knows his stuff. The courses he runs are full on and intensive involving group work, exercises and individual feedback. The skills you gain in such a short period of time are priceless. The knowledge gained from the course has significantly improved my negotiation skills and has ultimately helped increase the company sales revenue. I would highly recommend you speak with Michal to see what he could offer.
I have become more mindful of my preparation and time spent before engaging with internal and external customers. Using negotiation skills and planning, I’ve been able to bring in 3 service orders for work (22 days of work, and >$10,000 in revenue).
The Negotiation Training & Intervention delivered by Michael Zieba helped tremendously. The meeting with the customer who used to be very aggressive went very well and they very much want to partner with us to make this partnership successful. We executed our negotiation strategy and the customer has signed the biggest CR in the history of our company – £3.5M. Thank you very much!